Amicus have been engaged by one of Ireland's Leading Tax, Audit and Advisory firms to assist them recruit a VAT consultant. The role will involve a mix of VAT Advisory and Compliance and would ideally suit a newly qualified Tax Professional. This role has been created by continued growth within the department with good career progression prospects on offer.
- Management of a portfolio of indirect tax clients across a range of industries, including Irish PLC’s, major multinational corporations, semi-State organisations and a variety of significant privately-owned Irish companies.
- Working closing with Partners and senior management in the delivery of high-end VAT advisory and consulting services.
- Support in the delivery of VAT function improvement and optimisation through the application of technology solutions.
- Liaising with clients in a timely efficient manner, advising, researching and resolving all relevant VAT issues and VAT technical matters on advisory assignments.
- Full commercial management for a portfolio of client work.
- Working closely with other RSM Business units within the firm to identify VAT opportunities to provide to existing clients.
- Corresponding with Revenue and other third parties on behalf of clients.
- Coaching, mentoring, and reviewing workload of associate level trainees including presenting in-house VAT training courses.
- Contribution to the continued development and growth of the practice.
- At least 3 years plus experience in Irish VAT compliance and advisory assignments.
- Experience in VAT on property transaction, RCT, due diligence projects and cross-border transactions desirable but not essential.
- Experience working in a Big4/Top10 professional services firm desirable but not essential.
- Part or fully qualified AITI/CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Expert at directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Experience in managing global relations and client engagements across a number of jurisdictions.
- Desire to learn and to apply your knowledge to help out clients.
- Relationship management – ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as strong attention to detail skills.
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.