Amicus have been engaged by a leading Meath based Accountancy firm to assist them recruit a high calibre tax senior. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a qualified tax professional looking for a role closer to home.
- Managing and overseeing the operation of the income tax section of the tax department – liaising with clients, managing a team of trainees, reporting directly to the tax manager.
- Reviewing of income tax returns and other assignments prepared by trainees.
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for income tax clients
- Liaising with clients and advising on all relevant tax issues
- Researching and resolving technical issues throughout the compliance process
- Research and remain up to date with relevant changes within the tax sector.
- Liaising with Partners, Managers as well as other professionals within the firm
- Assisting colleagues with tax queries relating to mutual Clients
- Development of practice proficiency in Tax and specifically Corporation Tax, Payroll Advice and Revenue Audit.
- Acting as a key member on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory and tax planning projects
- Assisting with specific consultancy assignments in all areas of tax, to include, Corporation Tax, Income Tax, CGT, CAT and VAT
- Preparation of consultancy assignment reports
- Liaising with Revenue on clients’ behalf and assisting with Revenue queries
- Management and development of more junior staff
- 3+ years' general tax practice experience
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Accounting and Tax Standards
- Currently working as a senior in a practice/tax consultancy environment
- Qualified CTA / AITI
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.