Our client, a leading Irish PLC, has an excellent opportunity for a trained tax accountant to join their finance function. This is an excellent role for somebody looking to make the first move out of practice as not only will the role focus on a variety of tax heads but will also give the successful applicant exposure across the wider finance function of the group. The position will ideally suit somebody trained in tax in a medium or large/big 4 practice.
- Prepare and file tax returns in relation to the company’s corporation tax
- Provide Ad-hoc input into compliance and advisory matters relating to all other taxes including RCT, VAT, PAYE/PRSI, Capital Gains Tax, CAT, Stamp Duty, etc.
- Prepare and review tax provisions to meet quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
- Keep up to date with current tax legal/and regulatory requirements and ensure that all financial transactions are conducted in line with relevant tax legislation
- Manage tax related audits and act as the key liaison with Revenue authorities
- Maintain and manage the company’s relationship with external stakeholders eg. Tax advisors, financial institutions
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to plan and implement tax strategies that minimize the company's tax liability
- Develop and monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Regularly meet with internal stakeholders to review and improve processes
- Maintain a professional image for the company in all dealings with public and stakeholders
- Other ad hoc duties that the Company may require from time to time
- Professional qualification in accounting (e.g. ACA, ACCA or CPA) and Tax (e.g. AITI/CTA)
- Some post qualification in a tax role
- Strong understanding of Irish tax laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate complicated tax legislation or matters in simple and easily understood way
- Relationship management – ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality and diverse relationships
- Confidence in working as part of a team, managing direct reports, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition to enhance overall financial capability by taking on tasks outside of the tax area
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.