Our client, a leading five star hotel based in the heart of Dublin, have engaged Amicus to assist them recruit a Purchasing Officer. Reporting directly to the financial controller, the purchasing officer, will direct and manage all purchases of consumables in the Hotel.
- Ordering and receiving of all consumables purchases in the hotel.
- Ensuring that all personnel in the hotel are using the correct purchasing channels.
- Controlling stock levels of all items in the hotel.
- Ensuring the correct and proper storage of materials and equipment.
- Utilising Procure Wizard to its full potential in order to achieve best possible pricing.
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Receiving all goods inwards, checking purchase order quantities against delivered quantities.
- Recording returns and following up ensuring credit is received from the supplier for the return.
- Daily reporting of food flashes working closely with the head chef.
- Prepare reports as requested to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making.
- Conduct month-end sundry stocktake.
- Maintain controls against theft and waste and investigate any discrepancies.
- Research alternative and best value products where appropriate.
- Collating packages and negotiating with suppliers.
- Vetting existing supply chain to ensure the company is attaining best value for money.
- Third-level degree qualified preferred.
- Experience with Procure Wizard desirable but not required.
- Can demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must be a logical thinker.
- Has a positive attitude to work.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Detail orientated.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial & business awareness.
- Can work on own initiative.
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.