My client is a leading FMCG Organisation and due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Purchasing Manager to join the Business. This is a new hire for the Business ! Due to phenomenal growth, they are looking for a proven Purchasing Manager/ Buyer to come in , put their own stamp on the role and make it their own. For this role, the ideal candidate should have strong project management skills, impeccable attention to detail, commercially astute and have a can-do attitude.
So why this opportunity?
There are a number of reasons why this is a fantastic opportunity. 1. The Brands and growth of the Business- aside from 2020, my client has grown on average by 10-15% every year 2. The Business- a small tight knit Team- led by 2 fantastic Managing Directors who lead by example and 3. The Hiring Manager/ Purchasing Director- Michael is a great guy ! a Diamond of a Boss who leads by example and splits his time between Ireland and Italy- He has been with the organisation for over 15 years and in this role , you will be part of a tight knit Purchasing/ NPD team – who although based in different countries- support one another.
Michael said “ I am really proud of my team and they have heavily contributed to the success of the business- The Team is split between Asia, Poland , UK and Ireland . We have very ambitious plans to grow in both the UK and Irish marketplace in both the Retail and Foodservices channels and expand on our private label offerings. I would like to see someone who can wear different hats- so not just a numbers guy who can input data but understands how factories and logistics think- build relationships with suppliers and is both tactical and strategic and can put their own stamp on the role.
The Targets in this role will be based on delivering numbers and specific projects and Michael said “ The Targets will be fair and attainable and will come with a Bonus and if successful, there is room for career progression and potentially to move into my role over time !”
Purpose of the role
Michael said “ Denis I am very much looking to partner with this person will give him/ her the autonomy to succeed. This purpose of this role is to manage commercial relations with existing supplier and identify and develop relationship with new European suppliers. This person must be resilient and be able to negotiate up to senior level with suppliers to get the best possible long-term agreements.”
- Identify new suppliers and build on relationships with existing key suppliers in both the domestic and European marketplace
- Develop business relationships with stakeholders and implement the best sourcing practices.
- Drive cost reduction through process improvements, supporting all developments with expected cost proposals and estimates.
- Work with the senior management team to agree appropriate savings and targets and report these monthly or quarterly as appropriate.
- Partner closely with the NPD/Technical teams to create and launch new products and resolve supplier issues.
- Manage multiple projects and see these projects through to completion whilst negotiating optimum commercial and operational terms of contracts.
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked, and achieved.
- Commercially focused individual who is results driven and ideally must have a minimum of 6- 8 years procurement experience
- Excellent negotiation, communication, project management & interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can operate effectively in a dynamic and fast paced organization
- Must be adaptable, resilient and flexible with a “can- do” attitude.
For more information, please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at email@example.com All applications will be treated confidentially.