Amicus has been engaged by a leading firm of Consultants, Accountants & Tax Advisors to assist them recruit a project manager to their rapidly growing consulting division. My client has a particularly strong reputation in healthcare, education and government/public sector bodies and have partnered with clients on some very high profile assignments. The successful candidate will work in a team of professional consultants. The work is a mixture of project management and coordination for long-term multi-annual consulting engagements and short-term (3 – 6 months) projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation and resources to track and report at team level on progress with individual projects, with a particular focus on the achievement of agreed stage and assignment deadlines.
- Develop and maintain a suite of standard templates and tools for the management of individual projects, including Project Initiation Documents, RAID Logs and Progress Reports. This should be in line with and a part of our ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Project manage, co–ordinate and assist with the delivery of a broad range of assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature, as well as more routine engagements. Keep up to date data on project timescales.
- Contribute to the drafting of high-quality, value-adding reports that include practical recommendations to address all issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignments, with a clear supporting rationale.
- Ensure assignments are satisfactorily completed and within agreed timescales, and support team members in the management of projects to ensure on-time and in-full delivery of project deliverables.
- Assist with multiple assignments concurrently and ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources at all times.
- Liaise closely and build effective working relationships with client staff in all disciplines (both financial and non-financial) to facilitate and support the process.
- Conduct effective discussions with client staff, often concerning contentious and complicated issues pertinent to individual projects.
- Ensure senior team members are appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken and any performance problems.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm's policies, procedures and regulations.
- Engage fully with on-the-job training and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required.
- A relevant third-level qualification.
- Evidence of overall professional experience and credentials in project management (preferably the successful candidate will hold a relevant certification in project management).
- Evidence of application of project management skills in complex large-scale assignments.
- Demonstrable interest in consulting in the Government and not-for-profit sectors and awareness of topical issues.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel and skilled in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne (email@example.com) or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.