AMICUS RECRUITMENT has one of the best opportunities in the marketplace within sales and within the FMCG sector! Why? It is the company;' the people in the Business and their brand portfolio which, in my opinion,; is unrivalled! Due to a move; they are now looking for a proven; hardworking commercial National Account Manager to join their National Accounts team. ( As we all know, the last year was a challenging one in the FMCG sector but my client continued to grow and added some incredible and iconic brands to their portfolio)
For this position, you must have at least 4- 6 years national accounts experience and have partnered with either Dunnes/ Tesco/ Musgrave – this is a must ! . In terms of specific duties; you must be commercial as you will be responsible for trade plans and JBP negotiation and have both a Customer and Brand focus. ( Just to note this is a hybrid role with 3 days based in their Dublin South/ Dublin West office)
Why this opportunity?
Whilst it is an exciting place to work- very fast paced- it can be challenging so you must have the ability to prioritise but what I really like about the company and culture is the collaborative approach- my client’s culture demands a lot of people but they all row in together . I have been fortunate to place both the Channel Controller ( who the role will report too) and a National Account Manager on the team. Another sell- is that there is little red- tape or layers that you would get in other Food/Drinks Companies.
As per above, I was fortunate to place the Channel Controller -he is calm; a really strong leader; has a wealth of FMCG experience and I know for a fact; supports his team whist giving them the freedom to succeed. He said the following ” Denis I would really like to see someone with energy; structured in approach; has worked with at least one of the multiples- ( advantageous if it was Dunnes) . The successful candidate must be commercial; close to the numbers and be able to build up strong relationships with the relevant buyers and equally; with internal stakeholders within the Business. The last 2 – 3 years has seen phenomenal growth and as you now we continue to add some amazing brands to our portfolio, so I would like o see someone who can display critical thinking; spot opportunities and have the drive to succeed. I will be there to support this person but as you know , I give my team a lot of freedom to make the role their own.”
Please only apply for this position if you are currently a National Account Manager with FMCG experience and ideally, have multiple/ Retailer experience.
This person will be focused on developing relationships with key multiple retail and Wholesale accounts and will be tasked on delivering the commercial plans across a number of categories and brands.
· Development of key account plans in Multiple Retail customers
· Achievement of forecast and budget Revenue targets
· Management of price promotions and other trade spend in line with Budgets for the Off Trade
· Delivery of sales forecast on time and accurately by sku.
· Developing and executing Joint Business Plan’s with Key Customers along with Trade Plans.
· Work in conjunction with commercial finance and trade marketing to develop promotional plans suitable to each customer while seeking to maximise profitability for the business
· Manage one or more category groups within selected customers within the multiple retail/Wholesale channel:
· Ability to analyse complex data and present solutions that deliver results.
· Initiative to learn from previous executions, and be able to adapt and optimize future plans based on these learnings
· Be a leader within the team to support & develop key members to grow and develop.
· Extensive sales experience ideally in multiple retail FMCG customer management.
· Degree in a business related area. (Relevant experience may qualify).
· High level of commercial awareness.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent relationship building & teamwork skills.
· Proven negotiation skills
· Planning and organising ability.
· Resilience & able to work on their own initiative
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at . All applications will be treated confidentially.