My Client is a reputable Irish led FMCG organisation with some of the most established; iconic brands in the market and due to continued growth are looking for a National Account Manager to come in and drive the export arm to the Business. There will be some travel but limited and 80-90% of your time you will be based in the Head Office in Cork whereby you will part of a small tight knit team who are very supportive and there is a positive atmosphere in place.
The role and the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity !!!- very easy to write this but it is the truth! – the brands speak for themselves- established; great heritage and the Sales Director is immersed in the company; with a wealth of experience within the FMCG sector and would be a fantastic mentor.
The role will be a little complex and challenging and you will have to gain an understanding of Retailers in North America/ Australia; the distributor model and how it operates but with that; comes massive scope for learning and growth!! Also, there will be an element of business development to this position as the Sales Director highlighted “Denis there is huge potential in an untapped market, and we have strong plans to grow our client base abroad”. They are also looking to tap in to the Asian market.
The Business has gone through extraordinary growth over the last 7 years – grown sales by over 30%- they have 40% of the domestic market and are looking to replicate that success in the international market- quite simply; it is a dream challenge and opportunity for a commercially driven; ambitious FMCG National Account Manager.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of agreed customer Joint Business Plans including promotional activity in partnership with the distributors and importers
- Ensure that the right legislation; documentation is in place for the export Business.
- Lead product launches and seasonal activity for the category in specific accounts
- Meet with customers when required (2-3 times a year) to ensure the category strategy is executed as agreed
- Accurately forecast volumes and trade expenditure
- Track and chart account performance on monthly basis
- Set up and maintain customers’ lists
- Resolve any discrepancy in invoices
- Communicate any new codes to relevant cross functional teams (e.g. customer service, sales force)
- Create new line forms and submit along with samples to relevant accounts for all new and promotional products according to the account timelines
- Create promotional submissions, maintain a file of the customers product codes, monitor promotional forecasts by account. Follow up to get account codes and track on a centralised system
- Work with the Distributor and Importer team to ensure agreed activities are executed including Perfect Store delivery
- Flexibility to travel when required- 10-15% part of the role
- 2-3 years FMCG experience in an Account manager position
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent interpersonal skills- (over the phone; taking in to account cultural differences)
- Ability to prioritise and attention to detail is crucial.
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney at email@example.com or call Denis on 087 977 2742. All applications will be treated confidentially.