My Client has some of the best premium brands in the FMCG marketplace and due to the acquisitions of some new but fantastic brands within the Health and Beauty Categories; they are now looking for a commercial Key Account Manager to join their Team.
This is a permanent position and essentially you will be the Guardian for the Brand portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales with the leading Retailers; so having exposure to working with buyers at a Senior level in Dunnes, Musgraves, Tesco would be highly advantageous. You must be comfortable with autonomy and have both an entrepreneurial and strategic approach yet be able to get buy in from stakeholders and customers so strong influencing and negotiation skills are key to success. ( The Brand portfolio is very impressive- several cool on -Trend brands; others are well established and it would be also advantageous if you have experience from working at Head office level within the Pharmacy Channel)
Why this opportunity?
Whilst my Client have some incredible brands it is very fast paced- and can be relentless; so you must have the ability to prioritise but what I really like about the company and culture is the collaborative approach- my client’s culture demands a lot of people but they all row in together .
There are 3 big sells to this sell to this position 1. Ownership of the Brands and the Brand portfolio -some are on Trend and have strong Distribution both here ; in the UK and in Australia- some of the brands are Number 1 within their respective category 2. The lack of Red Tape- have an idea; think a campaign will work – go for it ! and lastly Number 3. The Hiring Manager/Channel Controller is a great guy !-he is calm; a really strong leader; has a wealth of FMCG experience and I know for a fact; supports his team whist giving them the freedom to succeed.
The Channel Controller said the following " Denis I am looking for candidates who have experience negotiating with buyers with the Retailers/ or pharmacy channel. The successful candidate must be commercial; close to the numbers and be able to build up strong relationships with the relevant buyers and equally; with internal stakeholders within the Business. Covid has brought a lot of challenges but at the same time some avenues for growth so hence the acquisition of new brands; so I want to see someone who can display critical thinking; can take ownership ;spot opportunities and have the drive to succeed."
The successful candidate will focus on developing relationships with key multiple retail accounts and will be tasked on delivering the commercial plans across a number of categories and brands within the Health and Beauty Category.
· Create and implement the Health & Beauty strategy across the business with a key focus on multiple retailers
· Develop key account plans with multiple retail customers, working directly with head office buyers to achieve forecast& budget targets.
· Develop and execute Joint Business Plan’s with Key Customers along with Trade Plans.
–Manage relationship with brand principals through quarterly brand reviews, monthly reports and day-to-day brand management.
• Identify gaps in the portfolio and create action plans to fill those gaps with existing or new brand principals.
• Work closely with category, brand & trade marketing teams to build and execute customer business plans, including trade activations & promotions.
• Build awareness and understanding of the Health & Beauty portfolio internally and externally.
• Work closely with field sales team to create distribution & visibility KPIs along with merchandising guidelines for in-store execution
· Understanding of health, beauty and personal care consumer goods categories and the Irish retail & pharmacy landscape.
– 4+ years brand experience, ideally with multiple retail or pharmacy customer management. Commercially astute with relevant experience in budget management, promotional pricing strategies and brand P&Ls.
-A great collaborator: able to empower and communicate to “sell the dream” of new ideas.
. A resilient self-starter with a result driven, entrepreneurial approach.
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at . All applications will be treated confidentially.