Amicus has been engaged by an Irish SME in the retail sector to assist them recruit a HR Manager. In existence for over 40 years this organisation has successfully achieved a position as the leading independent retailer in their sector. This is a key appointment for the organisation and the successful applicant will be responsible for all things HR from recruitment and onboarding to ER and performance reviews.
- Utilising the best practice of personnel management skills to ensure good working relationships with all personnel.
- The ability to identify personal strength and weakness in personnel to ensure that the appropriate staff are employed for all projects.
- Be adept at dealing with any issues and problems that might arise and addressing them in a timely and professional manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Strong organisation and administrative skills
- A can-do attitude within a busy industry and flexible approach to work.
- Keep up to date with Employment Law regulations and any changes.
- Assist with annual performance reviews.
- Manage statutory leave and maximise retention of employees returning from such leave.
- Manage in-house incentives
- Employee document recording and retention
- Innovative and motivated to provide suggestions for process improvement
- Responsible for providing expertise and support to managers regarding
- Human Resources to ensure solutions are realistic, timely, fair, and consistent.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to managers and staff as required.
- Support the Manager Team by driving employee queries to resolution. You will be proactive on working with the wider Team to develop solutions where such policies and procedures are not available
- Manage the company recruitment processes to incl. sourcing, interviewing and selection of candidates in line with Company H.R. planning & strategy
- Carry out inductions for new employees
- To liaise with H & S manager in co-ordinating training & toolbox talks.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related
- 1-2 years’ Retail experience desirable
- Strong knowledge of MS Office packages
- Experience of working in an SME, family-run preferably
- Excellent working knowledge of Irish employment legislation
- Particularly strong in the employee relations space
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be passionate and possess strong company morals
- A-Z HR experience preferred
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click apply below.
What we do
Amicus is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome.