My Client a leading player in the FMCG sector with a vast portfolio of top premium Brands are looking to recruit a Head of Category and Insights to join the Business. The current Roleholder has been with the Organisation for a number of years but to personal circumstances, he is making a move- but said the following “ Denis as you know a number of our Brands are number 1 in their own respective category- Healthy Beverages and Drinks, Alcohol and Health and Beauty; and I have obtained incredible learnings and experience in this role. This role is all about leading a capable and positive Team- giving them the autonomy to succeed and crucially, The Business values the Category Team and we are in the bullseye of making critical Business Decisions- both with existing and prospective brands.”
This role- will be a real challenge- with a focus on Brand engagement ; Budget management and Customer planning and you will play a vital role in being that sounding board- the critical bridge – with Finance; sales and marketing- but the company prides itself on having an entrepreneurial yet collaborative approach with little red- tape! And the Commercial Director- who will be reporting too – is a really good guy ! He has a wealth of FMCG experience ; will work with you; support you – and will set fair and attainable Targets.
• Provide strategic and tactical steering for the brand portfolio focusing on specific shopper growth levers and identify white space and NPD opportunities within the brand portfolio
• Coaching and development of the Insight team and fellow Colleagues to enhance data & insight proficiency
• Understanding of macro environment, retailer and shopper trends and recommending appropriate tactics
• Strategically develop customer Category plans that integrate with the customers overall business goals
• Monitor implementation and review recommendations seeking continuous opportunities for growth
• Collaborate with commercial finance team to drive optimisation of Price, Promotion, and product Mix, focusing on opportunities that drive efficiency and effectiveness
• Take ownership of internal business intelligence and drive forward the continuous improvement of reporting and insight delivery standards
• Lead the team to deliver insightful recommendations as part of annual planning cascade including Brand planning and Customer planning whilst also take responsibility for leading the BI data integration project to deliver on automation, visualisation and self-service.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE • Ability to impact: Incremental Volume & profitability, enhanced Value Share, share of shelf, range and secure Category Partnerships while driving increased business data proficiency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, including at least4/ 5 years in Category / Insight roles
- Strong leadership capabilities which include an ability to inspire those around you and elevate others to succeed
- Self- motivated, Innovative, solution-oriented mindset with problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Strong collaborator with effective and impactful communication style
- Extensive knowledge of Nielsen/IRI Data and exposure to Dunnhumby, EYC or Shopper Intelligence 6. Understanding of the importance of product mix, promotion and price architecture
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills to turn data into insight and insight into impactful stories.
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications will be treated confidentially.