Amicus have been engaged by a leading multinational (re)insurance organisation to assist them recruit a financial controller. This position will report into the CFO and will be an integral part of the Irish Finance Team.
- Manage the Finance Team through the quarterly US GAAP close of the legal entity and branch records for Group reporting purposes
- Engagement with various intragroup stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of all aspects of the entities’ P&L and balance sheet to build a strong understanding of the data flows and business KPI’s
- Accountable for the accurate and timely completion of Irish GAAP audited financial statements
- Prepare and review financial information for submission to the entities’ Board, Audit Committees, and regulators.
- Proactively interact with the Compliance, Risk and Actuarial functions to manage, monitor, and control the Company’s capital position in line with the local and Group risk management framework
- Work across teams to project manage and lead systems implementations, upgrades and automation initiatives focusing on the integrity of the financial data, processes efficiencies and controls
- Liaise with the Group Finance Team and contribute to global projects on an ad hoc basis, providing suggestions for improvements in global finance operations
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and adhered to – ensuring the integrity of financial information and the safeguarding of the Company’s assets
- Management of External Audit engagements for the Group, statutory and regulatory close process, and Internal Audit reviews and subsequent closure of any relevant recommendations
- Maintain accounting policies & procedures and ensure financial statements and underwriting-related transactions are prepared in accordance with Irish and US GAAP accounting standards and applicable EIOPA regulatory guidelines
- Manage daily treasury function ensuring timely settlement of the Company’s obligations and investment of cash balances
- Monitor aged debt, write-offs and exception reports and work with Operations teams to resolve outstanding issues
- Ensure timely completion of corporation tax, VAT, IPT & FET returns in conjunction with internal and external experts
- Oversight of the Dublin Finance team in respect of team member welfare, training, career development, objective setting, and performance evaluation
- Strive for efficiencies across the Finance function and add value to the business whenever possible
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 7 years PQE
- Experience in the (re)insurance industry is a must
- Solvency II reporting experience is key with previous experience of engagement with regulatory bodies a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of Irish GAAP and US GAAP with experience in drafting accounting memos and statutory financial statements
- Prior experience with the SUN GL system is desirable
- Confident communicator with experience of reporting to Boards with an ability to present complex matters in a clear, simple, and concise manner
- Proven experience working to challenging reporting deadlines
- A commitment to adopting technology to increase process efficiencies
- Ability to work on own initiative with an ambitious attitude and drive continuous process and system enhancement projects
- Strong counterparty management skills, with the ability to work within a multi-national team
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Accountancy & Tax Recruitment Director, Ross Wynne, firstname.lastname@example.org, or click apply below.
What we do
Our Accountancy & Finance recruitment division is dedicated to providing a first rate experience to our candidates with a philosophy based on delivery. We aim to provide accurate, up to date market information and guidance in order to help you approach the market to facilitate the best possible outcome. We advise accountants from part-qualified to CFO/Partner across a range of disciplines including practice and industry & commerce.