Privacy | GDPR | Data Protection
One of Ireland’s largest and most well-regarded law firms, my client is an established Dublin headquartered firm enjoying a period of growth and expansion.
Due to continued, consistent growth – their Privacy & Data Protection/GDPR team are seeking toappoint a solicitor with a genuine subject matter interest in data protection law and commercial
contracts and ideally with several years’ experience in data protection law.
With a contemporary approach to how a professional services firm can operate, my client offers a collegiate environment and supportive infrastructure within which to develop your career. My client
acts as business advisors to an interesting mix of public and private sector, domestic and international entities, professional firms, financial institutions, start-ups and SMEs in a wide range of sectors including telecoms, technology, construction, energy, transport, life sciences, healthcare, hospitality, financial services and FMCG.
The successful applicant will advise on the following:
• Privacy, data protection, GDPR and commercial contracts
• Data sharing and data processing agreements
• Data protection policies and procedures
• Data protection in commercial contracts and transactions
• Online terms and conditions, e-privacy and direct marketing
• Data protection by design and default
• Gap analysis/risk assessment/data protection impact assessments
• Monitoring and responding to developments in data protection and information security
• Providing support to other business units as required on data protection issues
• Providing ongoing training and support to clients
• Investigating data breaches and managing enquiries by the Data Protection commission
The successful candidate will have:
• 2+ years’ experience with a background in corporate, commercial contracts and/or direct data protection/GDPR experience (or a strong desire to practice within this area).
• Strong commercial awareness.
• Excellent technical/drafting skills, an ability to communicate with clients in “plain English” and to tailor advices to fit specific client requirements.
• Strong legal research and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organisational, financial and time management skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team is critical, this team is cross departmental (with data protection experts in each Department in the Firm) but manage the service offering seamlessly.
• A high level of motivation and the ability to work on one’s own initiative and a willingness to spend time reading into and keeping informed of developments in this practice area.