AMICUS RECRUITMENT has one of the best opportunities within the FMCG sector and due to a promotion, my client is looking for a Commercial Trade Marketing Manager- to join the Business. Why is this such a great opportunity? You will have responsibility for an iconic brand- one of the top Drinks brand within the FMCG marketplace! It is an iconic but still fresh in the consumer mindset. For this role, you will be responsible for the development and coordination of the sales, trade marketing, insights, and growth strategy of the brand in the trade whilst maintaining the brand personality & values. ( Another ‘sell ‘ to the opportunity is the Sales Director- he will expect you to take ownership; does not do micro- management ! and will look for drive; hunger and resilience but as mentioned, will crucially give you the freedom to put your own stamp on the role)
I had a catch up with the current incumbent/ role holder and Nicola said “ I have thoroughly enjoyed the role- I was given a lot of autonomy and the reason why I enjoyed the role was because it was so diverse; I got to work with various stakeholders and worked on a number of exciting and innovative projects. The targets are fair and attainable and in the last 4 years ; I obtained either close too/ or full bonus every year ! This role will focus on the Off- Trade and predominantly BTL marketing – but I was the go-to person / vital cog in the wheel in bringing stakeholders together; keeping the brand ‘ top of mind’ and driving success for the brand. I am looking forward to my next role within the Business but at the same time, I will miss this role ! and there are a lot more opportunities to drive further sales and distribution for the Brand- and the Brand as you know Denis is a fantastic brand !”
In this role, you will manage a small team so leadership experience is advantageous but excellent interpersonal and influencing skills are essential as you will work with a number of stakeholders in the Business. This is a hybrid model with some flexibility around days in the office. Attractive Remuneration package is on offer with- as highlighted above with Nicola’s success- room for career progression.
- Support the Sales Director and Senior management to create the strategic vision for the short- and long-term growth in the market.
- Develop trade marketing strategies, utilizing trade and marketing experience to recommend best trade-led activities.
- Recommend and support trade activity proposals with commercial backing, pushing the brand guidelines whilst protecting the brand image.
- Create and develop all channels of communication that contribute to the timely execution of brand initiatives at internal, trade or shopper level.
- Identify, develop, and implement necessary processes to enhance sales business performance within areas of:
- Revenue Growth Management
- Sales development analysis (by customer, by channel, by distribution point, etc.)
- Channel (Retail, Impulse, etc.) specific strategies and tools/tactic
- Educate, orientate, and utilize the brand team to deliver through the line activity in store.
- Implement the Perfect Store Rating by channel for your market using the International Model marketing activity and support the alignment across customers and channels in regard to trade marketing activities.
- Manage all the international requests of data sharing and international tools local implementation.
- Implementation of global tools (for in-store material creation, for elaboration of planograms, for evaluation of promotion efficiency…)
The candidate should;
- Be hard-working, passionate and a reliable team player, with a growth mindset.
- Have clear understanding of markets, sales & distribution, competitor activity, consumer & shopper behavior, category management & business insights in FMCG context
- Have strong analytical ability and commercial acumen to understand financial statements and market trends
- Be strategic thinking and be able to lead the sales strategy
Should this position be of interest to you, please forward your CV to Denis Mac Sweeney at email@example.com or alternatively give Denis a call on 087 977 2742.