Senior Brand Manager
Salary: €50000 - €60000 per annum
AMICUS RECRUITMENT has one of the best opportunities for a Senior Brand Manager within the FMCG sector! – Why? It is the company! as simple as that really! the brands; their success within the market and their success- quite simply; it is unrivalled.
My Client has the most cutting edge; popular brands in the marketplace and in this role; you will obtain invaluable exposure to the sector. Anyone who has worked for my client and succeeded has gone on to other roles within the company or given themselves a great platform to succeed in a big blue multinational.
For this role, the key requirements are to develop sustainable brand plans focusing on promotions and visibility of the brands; keep on top of commercials; work with and influence the sales teams- both on and off trade- (easier said than done!) but you must be commercially savvy to succeed.
The delivery of the KPI’s (Likely to include points of distribution, volume, revenue, promotional execution, cost control) but a key one is very much brand awareness/ brand building.
Why this role and the opportunity
The Channel Controller and B. the team and room for career progression. The reason why the role has come about is due to the success of one individual who is now moving on within the company and to work on a larger portfolio ( This is important to mention as the expertise won’t be leaving the Business and shows that if you prove yourself ; you will get promoted !!- not if – but will ) The Channel Controller who you will report too started off as a National Account Manager before receiving 2 promotions and now leads the function ! (by the way; he will give you a lot of support and will push you to grow in the role- a super guy to report too with a lot of experience in the FMCG sector particularly drinks category )
Another real sell is the team- it is very much collaborative; they all help each other out and you will also obtain exposure to working on other brand and various projects- which is invaluable experience and gives more diversity and exposure to other activation / marketing campaigns. Plus; you will work on 2 new brands! which are in their infancy and it will be very much up to you to drive the agenda and take hold of the role.
** For this role, you must have a strong grounding in the FMCG sector and have at least 4-5years experience. It would be advantageous if you have worked on a new brand launch, but it is not a pre-requisite.
**Quite simply; this is a golden opportunity with a great manager; team and Business!! **
- Take personal responsibility for the delivery the key brand principal business plans (typically volume, distribution, and budgets) against stretch targets.
- Ensure pricing strategy by brand & sku is strategically aligned across all customers and channels.
- Assist National Account Managers in the development of accurate forecasting models by customer
- Play an active role in shaping NAM team’s customer presentations through provision of data-driven insights by working closely with the Category Team.
- Oversee the commercial development of the sales reps, analysing and reviewing the business, and influencing the key commercial factors to deliver profitability in a challenging, commoditised category.
- Deliver specific volume, value, and gross margin & contribution targets for the key sectors within the brands.
- Produce monthly & quarterly reviews for these key brand principals to assess the business performance against agreed objectives and determine changes of course required to exceed expectation.
- Present to the NAM meetings and Sales Force meetings on a monthly or quarterly basis. When appropriate accompany NAMs to key National Account meetings
- Retail/FMCG industry knowledge – particularly of the Irish trade (min 2-5 years).
- Previous brand / commercial management experience (min 4-5 years). Must have executive experience in FMCG organisation(s).
- Experience conveying commercial/financial messages, and influencing decisions at senior levels in at least one leading FMCG organisation.
- Understand the roles & differing objectives of brand principals and distributors
- Excellent academic background – educated to Degree standard or equivalent.
For more information please feel free to give me a call on 087 977 2742 or email me at . All applications are treated confidentially.