Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) Banking
Salary: €95000 - €115000 per annum + negotiable
Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) | Banking & Finance
This position will be responsible for the management of Know-How, continuing professional development and precedents in my clients Finance group (which comprises Banking, Asset Finance and Structured Finance).
The Finance group also advises on financial services regulatory issues relevant to its client-base. The PSL will also work closely with the Finance partners in the delivery of relevant projects. This is a permanent role and the key responsibilities will include, but are not limited:
- Applying the understanding of market practice in developing precedents, client briefings, presentations and working practices for fee earners.
- Monitoring legislation and practice developments and disseminating updates within the group at regular departmental meetings or by circulating materials.
- Providing support to fee earners in researching points of law and keeping them abreast of new developments.
- Collating and developing Know-How and ensuring Know-How is current, readily available and accessible to fee earning staff.
- Arranging/contributing to regular training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on the relevant changes to law, practice and precedents.
- Liaising with fee earners and contributing to the production and/or proof-reading of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients.
- Developing, and participating in, a tailored induction programme for trainees and new joiners and providing an overview of the PSL role and its functions.
- Contributing to and managing various parts of the firm’s intranet and information provision services.
- Identifying strategic business opportunities and working with fee earners to develop solutions which can be rolled-out across the group.
- Actively assisting in the preparation of bids and tenders.
- Presenting at external client events and pitches for new business.
- Engaging in business development activities, being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work and cross-selling.
- Contributing to industry working groups and providing updates to the Finance group.
- Liaising with the marketing team in relation to legal directory submissions for the Finance group.
Skills & Experience
This role represents a great opportunity for a qualified solicitor to work within a rapidly growing firm that is committed to excellence in every aspect of its performance. This role also represents an excellent opportunity to join an existing team of PSLs and develop and grow as a PSL in a leading law firm. The successful solicitor will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Being flexible, highly organised and having strong attention to detail are also key requirements.
The successful applicant will also have excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The full details are as follows:
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience gained within a top tier law firm.
- Experience in transactions focused law practice.
- Previous PSL experience.
- Strong academic background.
- Sound knowledge of Irish law in the relevant practice areas.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong drafting skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A proven ability to be flexible and responsive to the ongoing needs of fee earning staff.
My client offers some of the strongest available compensation packages on the market along with a full suite of benefits.