Non Fee Earning Solicitor – PSL Banking Law
Job Reference: AM2020-OCT13
Salary: €85000 - €110000 per annum + Negotiable
The banking and finance team of one of Ireland’s best regarded law firms is seeking an experienced solicitor for a non fee earning professional support role.
This is a full time role with structured hours and no fee targets.
The firm have an excellent reputation as an employer and lawyers we have placed within the banking team previously have provided highly positive feedback.
Responsibilities will include:
- Know-how and training;
- Monitor and update the department on relevant developments including changes to legislation, regulatory codes, guidance from industry stakeholders and relevant case law;
- Monitor news media and social media for relevant content, and updating the department;
- Provide training and updates to the department to assist in meeting continuing professional development requirements;
- Create and manage the department’s legal know-how database to include research carried out and advices provided;
- Draft, develop and manage the department’s precedent documentation database;
- Coordinate the preparation of client updates/newsletters;
- Coordinate regular briefings/workshops for the members of the department.
- Prepare articles on relevant topics and developments for publication by the department;
- Update and maintain all banking and/or other capital markets related content on the firm’s website;
- Assist in the preparation of brochures about the various sub-specialties within the Banking and Capital Markets department;
- Assist fee earners in the preparation of client presentations;
- Work with the partners on various business development initiatives;
- Update and maintain the department’s database of contacts;
- Assist with preparation for attendance at conferences, and with follow up afterwards;
- Assist fee earners in the preparation of tenders and monitoring publications for relevant tenders.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in Ireland and/or another common law jurisdiction, with a strong academic background;
- Significant experience in banking and/or capital markets practice – ideally with leading Irish or international law firm(s) or at the Irish or UK Bars;
- A strong interest in maintaining, developing and sharing relevant legal knowledge;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Excellent legal research and presentation skills;
- Familiarity with relevant sources such as news media websites, social media websites, legal websites etc;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; the ability to manage a busy workload and meet the legal support requirements of practitioners within the department on a consistent and timely basis;
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative.