KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – FMCG
Salary: €55000 - €65000 per annum
My Client is an exceptional ; fantastic Business and leading player within the FMCG sector with over 50% market share in some of it’s categories and due to one of the team moving to working on a global ERP project; are now looking to hire a Key Account Manager to join the Business. This is fantastic opportunity for a number of reasons:
The people in the Business- integrity and having a collaborative approach is crucial- there are no Ivory Towers or people with notions of grandeur in the Business- easy to say; but I have been fortunate to place 3 people in the Business in the last 2 years and they love working teir due to the support in place
The Commercial Director- The people who I have placed have been effusive in their praise towards him- he will support you and back you a 1000 per cent where the words used to describe him- calm; logical ; unassuming; a critical thinker who will be make you a better Sales/ National/ Key Account Manager.
The Growth of the Business and the investment- my client has had massive investment in recent years which has led to more reporting but better ways of working and more opportunities- hence the reason why this vacancy has come up !
The purpose of the Role:
- Maintain and develop business via the development and execution of commercial business plans delivering profitable growth in line with the company’s strategy and budgets.
- Maintain the Group as the preferred supplier to our customers though the development of new products and other innovations that meet consumer and retail needs, providing excellent service,
- Demonstrate the ability to transfer market knowledge and insight into commercial opportunities and deliver on the ground
The Commercial Director said the following ” Denis I want this person to treat this role like it’s their own mini business; one of the customers in this role; can be tough so you must be on the ball – commercial ; strong on planning and forecasting and get the balance right between volume and margin. As you know Denis; integrity and trust is a big part of who we are so you must be able to take ownership but be able to share ideas and take on new learnings.”
in this role you will be responsible for all facets of performance within your key accounts. This includes the following:
- Sales & marketing strategy to deliver successful product launches in your account
- Timely sales forecasting and forecast accuracy
- Develop excellent relationships with your customers
- Participate fully with the rest of the sales management team
- Liaise with other functions (i.e. Processing, Finance, NPD, Planning, etc)
- Develop promotional strategy that delivers improved sales & GP improvement
- Develop ways to add value to the customer relationship
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
- Formal 3rd level business degree
- 5-6 years + experience as either a Key Account Manager or National Account or a Buyer
- Excellent negotiation skills and to treat the position like “It’s you own mini Business “
- Instinct for Business and to have ethical; collaborative approach and mindset.
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at . All applications will be treated confidentially.