In House Employment and Insurance Solicitor
Job Reference: InHouseLitigation
Salary: €70000 - €80000 per annum
The successful candidate will handle a mixed case load of litigated Financial Lines, Employer and Public Liability claims. The case load will predominately be Workplace Relations Commission and Circuit Court level but will also include High Court cases.
- Managing a case load of claims from the receipt of litigation to conclusion of either settlement, successful defence or trial/hearing.
- Liaising with the companies claims team and insureds in particular advising in relation to liability, damages and policy coverage.
- Drafting of various legal documents including pleadings, settlement documents, legal submissions, general correspondence and Court applications.
- Attending the High and Circuit Court and defending insureds at the Workplace Relations Commission.
- Instructing and liaising with Counsel and experts.
- Conducting settlement negotiations and attending mediations and arbitrations.
- Dealing with regular queries via the “Advice Telephone Line” which is available to the companies insureds under certain policies of insurance.
- Work effectively as a team player, contributing to the team ethos whilst being able to work individually managing the litigation as required.
- Comprehensive Claims Litigation Experience
- Excellent communication, organization and grammar skills
- Fully qualified and admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland