In House Aviation Solicitor (FTC)
Job Reference: BBH2019-RE-AFR
Salary: €95000 - €125000 per annum + negotiable
Aviation Leasing | In-House Solicitor
This newly created role is being offered initially on a contract basis with the possibility to become permanent over the life cycle of the fixed term.
This role remunerates at the top end of the market and would suit a solicitor with a minimum of 3 years experience.
Day to day responsibilities as follows:
- Lead transactions through documentation phase to contract signature and closing;
- Advising, structuring, drafting, negotiating and executing aircraft leasing and financing transactions, documentation and contracts including cross-border aircraft lease agreements, sale and purchase agreements, lease restructuring agreements, novation agreements and financing agreements;
- Co-ordinate and manage input from technical, finance, risk, asset management and commercial departments into transaction negotiation and documentation;
- Ensure that all documentation is completed to meet deadlines and in accordance with the required standards and guidelines;
- Appoint and manage external legal and tax advisors in all relevant jurisdictions;
- The management and resolution of issues and disputes with lessors, financiers, airlines, manufacturers and other third parties and the management of relationships with other stakeholders and external service providers, including law firms;
- Liaising with corporate service providers in various jurisdictions to establish and manage special purpose companies; and
- Provide input and expertise to cross-functional deal teams in initial transaction structuring process and in letters of intent and term sheets.
This is a significant opportunity to gain a foothold into the in-house aviation leasing market. You will have prior relevant experience and 3 or more years experience in a similar environment or in a finance department of a leading mid or upper tier practice firm.