Credit Compliance Officer | March 2017
Job Reference: BBBH429414
Salary: €50000 - €70000 per annum + negotiable
Compliance Officer | Asset Management
One of the strongest compliance position we’ve seen recently, this position is a career defining option for an experienced candidate in a leading international organisation.
You will have at least 3 years’ experience within Compliance ideally gained either in an asset manager or investment banking institution or within a big 4 or related consulting environment.
- Provide real time advice to the credit, investment and trading personnel and fund marketing teams on regulatory and internal policy issues
- Provide investment, trading, allocation and fund marketing compliance, oversight, monitoring and reporting including jurisdictional analysis and regulatory disclosure, to Compliance and senior management, implementing both global, Irish and UK policies and procedures as relevant
- Provide compliance guidance and support to the business.
- Identification and escalation of conflicts management issues
- Coordinate with Group Compliance on market abuse and financial crime prevention, information barrier, transactional due diligence, wall crossing issues and restricted list analysis.
- Monitor, analyse and interpret new rules and regulations, identify and address any gaps between existing processes and new regulatory requirements
- Participate in regulatory / industry initiatives relating to new regulations and other issues relevant to the asset management business, coordinating with the wider Legal/Compliance team
- Draft policies and procedures and advisory bulletins relevant to supporting the business
- Conduct business focused compliance training regarding new and existing regulations and firm policies.
- Perform pre and post trade compliance reviews including general testing and maintenance of the compliance program in this area.
- Assist in preparing responses to regulatory inquiries as necessary
- Coordinate with colleagues in the Global Legal/Compliance team and other control groups on initiatives including surveillance, risks assessments, testing’s and audits.
- Maintenance of accurate records and details required to prepare management and ExCo / Board reports.
Key experience and attributes
- 3-5 years of strong regulatory compliance gained within an asset management / investment bank environment.
- Strong working knowledge of CBOI regulations relevant to credit, loans, fixed income business and trading operations. Legal experience / background useful but not essential.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and the ability to be proactive.
- Solution-oriented self-starter with high integrity.
- Solid ability and strong desire to work as part of an effective and collaborative team
- Ability to make sound judgements and simultaneously manage various issues and projects in a fast-paced and high performance environment.
- Consistent attention to detail; acts professionally regarding sensitive subjects and maintains confidentiality while exercising discretion at all times
- Sound interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities.
- Effective communication skills including very strong written communication skills for report writing and analysis.
- Methodical, structured and rigorous approach to deliver.
- Strong academic background.
How to Apply
Amicus Search & Recruitment manage a strict data protection policy ensuring your information and all forms of communication are held in strict confidence.
For an initial conversation along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact our Legal Recruitment Director, Robert Connolly on 01 531 2424 or apply directly below.