Compliance Officer, Corporate Banking
Job Reference: BBH2019-RE-INDRC
Salary: £75000 - £105000 per annum
Compliance Officer – Corporate Banking
€75,000 – €105,000 (Depending on Experience)
Permanent Full Time
Strong benefits and rewards
A leading financial institution is seeking to appoint a senior compliance officer to it’s established legal and compliance function.
This role offers broad scope to take a leading role in the relationship between the bank and regulators and to take full ownership of projects, change management and implementations.
Group Compliance provide an independent oversight of compliance risk management and governance to assist the Bank’s management in promoting a strong compliance culture.
- Proactively drive identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of compliance risks.
- Determine the impact assessment of current and new regulation on business activities and products
- Guide the development and maintenance of an operating framework for identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Conduct the selected control activities necessary to mitigate identified compliance risk, taking any necessary actions and communicating findings to management.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting that business comply with applicable legislation, regulation, internal rules and standards.
- Identify, escalate and report any issues where non-compliance is not addressed.
- Collaborate with and advice business and management on all compliance issues.
- Train employees in compliance disciplines with attention to the key risk areas.
- Stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have an impact on the Bank.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business policies, processes and procedures to ensure the impact of regulatory issues can be effectively assessed.
- Act as mentor for colleagues by helping them and sharing knowledge
- Range from daily tasks to deep dive analysis with high level of strategic complexity and knowledge of compliance, risk and legal issues
- Focus on simplicity, efficiency and customer focus
- Ensure that business and stakeholders trust and understand the information, advise, guidance and support provided
- High knowledge of compliance, risk and legal issues
- Deep understanding of the regulatory risk environment
- High level of business understanding
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Planning and organising capability
- Structured approach to problem solving decisions
For more information contact Robert Connolly 01 234 3196 | or apply below.