Salary: €65000 - €85000 per annum
My client is a dynamic international alternative investment fund manager with a growing operation in Ireland.
The progression path for this role is well defined and mapped out with a distinct ramp up in responsibilities both within the compliance function and throughout the organization from a leadership perspective.
The operational nature of this compliance role lends itself well to someone who is ambitious and has good business sensibilities to steer the wider organization.
This role reports directly to the Head of Group Regulatory Management.
My client provides all services in relation to private debt and hedge funds. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for all compliance matters of their AIFM as well as for their AIFs and will be reporting into the Head of Group Regulatory Management and CCO of SCIHDL. The ideal candidate for this job will:
- Be a compliance specialist, officer or manager with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience.
- Reliably execute compliance checks following a defined framework and providing high quality output
- Reliably execute ongoing ad-hoc tasks
- Be very well organized and used to document activities to the highest standards
- Be willing and interested to continuously analyze the legal and regulatory exposure and updating the compliance framework
- Be interested in tax related issues
- Be willing and interested to cover regulatory issues in multi-disciplinary projects
- Be a strong team player, used to be responsible for defined outputs
- Be used to work with senior investment professionals as well as outside legal and tax councils
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the compliance framework
- Update, review and draft policies and procedures
- Coordinate regulatory reporting
- Provide feedback to requests (FATCA, CRS, EMIR, Dodd-Frank, U.S. taxes, etc.)
- Provide mandatory training and ad-hoc training on various compliance topics
- Attend and minute meetings and report on compliance issues
- Assist with the preparation of reports to the board of directors
- Assist in monitoring Irish and relevant international legal / regulatory / tax changes
- Manage compliance related projects
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Work experience as a Compliance Officer for 4 to 5 years
- Strong academic background with relevant third level or compliance related qualification
- Substantial experience in managing compliance activities of an AIFM in Ireland
- Experience in managing compliance activities of a MiFID ManCo or SEC RIA an advantage
- Work experience with an asset manager focusing on manager selection and fund selection an advantage
- Work experience with an asset manager investing in private debt or hedge funds an advantage
- Appropriate knowledge of the key legislations such as AIFMD, MiFID, EMIR, FATCA, CRS
Other Desired Skills/Attributes:
- My client is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization; all professionals are expected to perform multiple functions.
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team?oriented attitude
- Dynamic, smart, hard-working and a self-starter