Category and Insights Manager- FMCG
Salary: €40000 - €50000 per annum
My Client is one of the leading Retail/ FMCG organisations in the Irish and International marketplace and due to an internal promotion/ maternity cover; a vacancy has arose on the Category team. This is a GOLDEN opportunity for an ambitious ; switched on Category/ Insights Executive/Manager to join a dynamic Business- I don’t say this lightly !
** For this role; you must have 2-3 years FMCG market research/ category experience **
My Client has worked hard on cultivating a positive culture and in the last 5 years have are now recognised as an Employer of choice ! There are several reasons why this is a must for consideration if you are a diligent Buyer who wants to grow in a thriving Business.
The people in the Business- you will get exposure to all areas of the Business; you will work in an open plan office- there is a real vibrant atmosphere- and they employ genuine ; hardworking people who want to take ownership and a collaborative approach is key.
The Hiring Manager- she is fantastic! Calm; composed; switched on – loves to see people who are ethical; honest and have that spark and drive. She has over 15 years FMCG experience and is really well liked by the team.
Career progression and the commercial experience you will obtain- the last 3 years has seen continued growth- for a short time; they were at Number 2 but back to Number 1 spot ! and although this is a Contract; there is a strong possibility that if successful; that a role may be created for you.
The Range & Insight Executive (Maternity Cover) will use their high category level insight and analysis to create value and develop winning propositions. You will provide clear recommendations to inform all plans and processes in the category team.
You will be responsible for
- Managing the end to end critical path, to deliver range events in line with the merchandising scheduleTransforming data into meaningful insight to help understand and find solutions to under performance problems & drive growth
- Actively supporting the category teams understanding of insight and data to make better decisions for the customer
- Linking into relevant agencies, Dunnhumby and the Marketing team with the most up to date data, missions & trends to guide buyers in the development of their range & space
- Assisting in the creation of category strategies, ensuring store formats & affluence form a key part and providing an objective voice of the customer
- Managing and challenging supplier insight and conclusions through your own category knowledge
- Communicating with UK SRD & Commercial teams to ensure ROI range and display reflects Irish market requirements
- Working closely with the Brand & NPD teams on any new product development opportunities.
- Leading cross functional teams to deliver projects affecting range and space
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Minimum 2 years Category Management experience which must include either insight or planogram experience
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Knowledge of Market Data
- Experience building ranges & planograms
- Highly inquisitive with passion for the customer
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at . All applications will be treated confidentially.